Upon completion of this training, staff should be able to:
• Describe the relationship between computer hardware and software.
• Identify the parts of a typical microcomputer system.
• List the peripheral devices that are typically found on microcomputer systems.
• Start, configure, and shut down a Windows-based PC.
• Perform basic file management tasks, including finding, moving, copying, deleting computer files.
• Create, format, and finalize a Word document.
• Manipulate an Excel spreadsheet.
• Create, reply to, and forward e-mail messages, send e-mail attachments, and troubleshoot common e-mail problems.
• Discuss and define threats to computers, including environmental hazards, physical damage, and viruses.
• Troubleshoot some basic computer problems.
Internet Use Basics
Teaches young children about basic internet use.